Project co-financed by the European Social Fund through the 2007 – 2013 Operational Programme "Administrative Capacity Development"
Higher Education Evidence Based Policy Making: a necessary premise for progress in Romania, code 34912
SELECTION CALL FOR APPLICATIONS 15.01.2013 (1)
Selection call for applications: Module II –Collection and interpretation of higher education statistical data A4
1. Institution: The Executive Agency for Higher Education, Research, Development and Innovation Funding (UEFISCDI)
2. Project: Higher Education Evidence Based Policy Making: a necessary premise for progress in Romania, code: 34912
3. Domain: Public policies expert
4. Type and number of available positions: 7 execution positions
5. Objective: Elaboration of methodologies to substantiate public policies in higher education
6. Activities in which the expert will be involved:
Activity 3: Elaboration of methodologies to substantiate public policies in higher education
3.1 Creating a number of maximum 10 working groups for substantiating public policies in higher education. The working groups will have both Romanian and foreign experts
3.1.1 Organizing minimum 2 meetings for each working group of this activity. Each meeting will be followed up by a specific report.
3.2 Organizing 6 Mutual Learning Workshops (MLWS) with national and international participation on data collection, elaboration and monitoring of indicators used to substantiate public policies in higher education, aiming their harmonization. Each meeting will be followed up by a specific report.
3.3 Identifying the types of data necessary for substantiating public policies on the implementation of the Bologna Process, study programmes rankings and universities classification.
3.4 Elaborating specific data collection methodologies for the implementation of the Bologna Process, study programmes rankings and universities classification.
3.5 Organizing minimum 3 workshops for HE stakeholders consultation on the project envisaged methodologies.
3.9 Orhanizing minimum 3 public events to promote the project results, with participation of Romanian and foreign experts, Ministry officials, mass-media, general public, etc.
7. Responsibilities of the experts group:
- Based on institutional reports, the experts will elaborate a general report on data collection at higher education level.
- The experts will elaborate a methodology on data collection, taking into account the possibility of using an online platform.
- The experts will elaborate the tender book, which will include:
- A general platform description
- Functional characteristics of the platform
- Types of data to be introduced and their characteristics
- Interoperability with the existing systems
- Access and security
8. Specific requirements (qualifications and expertise):
For the members of the expert team:
- university degree;
- experience in the field of public policies;
- work experience: minimum 5 years;
- work experience in a similar position: minimum 3 years;
- computer skills – Windows, Microsoft Office, graphic editing programs;
9. Knowledge and specific skills:
- efficiency in time management;
- professional approach and confidentiality concerning the project objectives;
- experience in educational projects, with an emphasis in higher education public policies.
10. Activity timeframe:
The activity is scheduled to take place between 25 January – 17 March 2013.
The applications will be submitted via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the postal address 3, Calea Plevnei St., Bucharest, no later than 22 January 2013containing:
- letter of intent;
- CV (Europass);
- Copies of diplomas and other relevant documents.